Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My remote is not working? A couple years old. My Direct TV

Customer Question

My remote is not working?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: A couple years old. My Direct TV remote was not working and we just tried to program it. The reason I tried to do it was because my VIZIO remote stopped turning my TV off and on. My remote was working last night with the exception of turning it off and on. PLEASE help me.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My tv remote controls the channels. I use the VIZIO remote for Netflix/Amazon. I was able to turn off/on with that remote till last night...and now today I can't get it to work at all. I changed batteries so I know it isn't that.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have direct tv. My tv remote broke a while ago, so they sent me another remote. I couldn't get my direct tv remote to turn off and on the tv so I have used the VIZIO remote to turn the tv off and on. The only thing I used the VIZIO remote for was the special things like Netflix/Amazon. Last night was the only time I couldn't turn the tv off with the VIZIO remote, but it was still working with everything else. I called Direct TV to see if they could help me program it so I could get the tv off. Now the VIZIO remote won't work at all.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions

So basically now nothing operates the vizio tv except the buttons directly on it , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Need help with this ?