Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just picked up a Panasonic 42" Class Viera® U2 Series

Customer Question

Hi I just picked up a Panasonic 42" Class Viera® U2 Series 1080p Plasma (TC-P42U2) for free. It had some black horizontal bars that I fixed by reconnecting some of the ribbon cables. It now starts fine and looks great to start with but as it warms up it starts getting flickering little horizontal black lines on the screen. These eventually get so bad that it is no longer viewable anymore. I'm having trouble diagnosing the cause of this problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The flickering lines go away if you turn it off for a few minutes but they slowly come back when you turn it back on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Do you get full horizontal lines across the screen or the lines are random and incomplete?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The lines go fully across the screen but very skinny and they flicker.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1wpgb758o2eri7/IMG_20161103_110619.jpg?dl=0This kind of shows what it looks like.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info and image, typing an answer for you, give me 5 minutes please.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

There are two things in TV that can cause such lines, either A board (main board where all video inputs are located) is defective or SM board located on left side at rear of TV is failing, however, A board is most suspected for this problem. Please click following links to view A board and SM board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1ljuus-a-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsm1lhuu-sm-board.htm

You can use part number of required board to get price info to order it. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Alright thanks for the info!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.