Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My son gave me a 42 inch olevian tv, but I need the remote

Customer Question

My son gave me a 42 inch olevian tv, but I need the remote control and a manual. Can you help?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model is 237-T12 unless you mean the very long nbr. Age I don't know.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I haven't tried because I was afraid I couldn't get back to regular veiwing, but I guess if I turned it off and back on it would wouk.I am only using HDM1 or 2. I don't remember, but that's all I want. I just need a way to adjust the brightness, colors etc.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing haS POPPED UP. i JUST WANT TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND A MANUAL WOULD OUTLINE THIS. i JUST FIGURED i'D NEED THE REMOTE TO DO SO.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. You were talking to a computer before, I am the actual tech helping you and am searching for the remote and manual now (Olevia has been out of business for over 7 years).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

First, the original remote for the Olevia set is available at the link below for under $10:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Original-OLEVIA-LCD-TV-Remote-Control-RC-LTL-/141721412396?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately the manual is no longer available for this set, however I can help you with what you've posted.

With the remote, all you need to do to adjust colors, brightness, etc. is to use the MENU button, select "Picture" and then scroll up and down throughout the options.

Then as far as changing the video Input, simply use the "Source" button on the lower left corner of the remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please simply view my reply for the answer to your question.