Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We purchased a E70u-D3 at Best Buy, They also sold us a

Customer Question

We purchased a E70u-D3 at Best Buy
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: They also sold us a Samsung HW-K850 sound bar new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: E70u-D3 is the model
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one sec slow typer
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: They said the Samsung would give better sound When watching a movie the system stops and say it has connected to a new audio adjust volume with controller the movie stops - black screen - then say reconnected to audio we connected the Samsung via hdmi to tv via HDMI port 1
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Sorry for your trouble here the sound bar should not make the display go black, do you have another input to try like a DVD player or similar?does it do the same using that?or are you sure this only happened since connecting sound bar previously set was working OK?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only since adding on the sound bar

Where is the movie being generated from?or are you saying it does this also whilst watching normal TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DVD player

Does it do the same though if you have the soundbar ON and are watching normal TV from a satellite or cable box for example?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it seems to start with hdmi wired port
then switch over to or try to switch over to wireless

This is really odd I seriously suggest you do not use the soundbar any further its having an impact on the firmware that is why movie is stopping\screen going black this is not good I would return the soundbar as there is a bad handshake issue with that soundbar

You could try another make or model of soundbar OR there may be a firmware issue with the set itself is the set connected to the internet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok will take it back for new one - thanks

Please read my last reply

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
set is not connected to internet

If the set is connected to the internet I would assume the firmware is upto date so swaapping the sound bar for a different type is the way to go

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

In that case look on the vizio site under support for your model

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks

For any firmware upgrade that may be available

Outside of that do not use the soundbar as you could damage the set get a different brand

Please remember the rating so I get credited by the site thank you

Anthony

Do you need more help please?

Question does not close when you rate me it remains open for 30 days please understand this is the ONLY way I receive anything for my time with you here I consider I have saved the set from being damaged which would have cost you big thanks