Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I just bought my Samsung tv and when I was putting the stand

Customer Question

I just bought my Samsung tv and when I was putting the stand on it I crack the screen on my table. Is there a place where I can get it fixed
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I don't know how old it is but I just bought it and yes I have but it is still there
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can barely see the menu with the crack in the way
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The issue started when I brought it home and started putting it together
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will they tell me where I can get it fixed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but i must say that i do not have good news for you today .

Your LCD panel is now gone and will need to be replaced .

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.