Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Tv come on but no display, 1 year old, LG, model 55LL6300-ua

Customer Question

tv come on but no display
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1 year old, LG, model 55LL6300-ua make of tv is 2015
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 10 minutes and it just quick working
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions .

About the model number , could it be 55LN6300-ua or 55LB6300-ua ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

When you first turn on the tv , does the screen turn on briefly before going out ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no it just stays on blank,cant pull up menu or input model # 55LL6300-UA
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

That model number does NOT exist

Now i need to know , Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Quite a difference here .

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

If anything it would be 55LB6300-UA

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just blank
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

So the screen does light up ?

Just no picture ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
correct
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

O.k then you got a defective t-con board which happens to be part of the main board on this model so you actually have a defective main board part # EBT62957202 that usually sells for around $80 and if you are into this i will find it for you .

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that