Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My samsung led tv has backlight and sound but no picture.

Customer Question

Jack my samsung led tv has backlight and sound but no picture. Installed new Tcon , power board and main board from shop jimmy. and used all new cables.. still no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi again

Not sure why you replaced the t-con here .

Looking at the original post it doesn`t look like a t-con problem and now you seem to have one

Double check your connections going to that board again and perhaps re-install the original t-con

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Also make sure all the screws holding down that board are installed ,they not only hold the t-con but also ground it to the chassis

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I'll try that now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No dice
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Same thing ?

Try the main board now

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

The original problem was that the tv did not stay on so this is different here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
K
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Take your time I`m out for dinner

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok.. The Oringal problem was I had backlights and sound. No picture.. So far I've tried . New tcon old main, no go. New main old tcon, no go. New tcon and main, no go. Tv stays on as Allways , no video
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

In that case if your connections are good , those boards working , that would leave only the lcd panel itself which would be rather odd but there is nothing else and no way to find out until you had tried at least the t-con .

You should be able to return that kit to shopjimmy for a refund minus 25% re-stocking fee

Sorry but I cannot see anything else now