Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I am trying to connect my Insignia NS-15LCD tv to an

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my Insignia NS-15LCD tv to an antenaae for broadcast tv stations. downloaded a manual that advises connecting the antenna, then pressing input for external input. says i shoud get options of: TV, AV, S-video, Components and VGA. I am only able to get: A, AV, S-video, Compnonents, VGA. The A option also shows "MONO" and the number 3. Have not been able to access and load local stations into the memory. this is a TV from 2006, not used previoously, stored and trying to get operational now.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is Insignia NS-15LCD, date noted is August 2006.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu appears to work but i do not have any other alternate inputs - no cable ,etc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This tv was provided years ago as a bonus when another set was bought. It's not been tried previously
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, I do get very poor reception on 1 or 2 other stations, A mono 20 or A Mono 36. Audio is fair, but picture very fuzzy and "snow" filled. Otherwise only get a blue screen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions ;

I`m afraid that this tv does not have a digital ATSC tuner required to receive most channels now over the air , it is a bit too old and has a NTSC (analog) tuner only.

You will need a digital to analog converter such as the one at this link ; https://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

You can see other models at that link or you can buy this at local stores like Walmart, bestbuy , radio shack etc.

The one at that link does record and comes with its own remote , quite a few of them do record by the way .

This will connect between your tv`s audio/video inputs and antenna and will be the one that receives the channels .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you