Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a flat screen Samsung TV s tuck on mute, It's maybe

Customer Question

We have a flat screen Samsung TV s tuck on mute
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's maybe 3-4 months old and we haven't tried power cycling it yet. Should we turn it off then unplug it?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Haven't tried that yet
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We tried the video game and it has sound. It just occurred, my son turned on the TV and a little black box appeared at the top that said "mute". Pushing the mute button or turning up the volume doesn't work. We have cable tv and the other tvs in the house hooked up to cable are OK.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont' think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Do you still have the MUTE box on the screen ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

In any case as cable boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.