Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My nexflix will not work. it was fine. it says cannot

Customer Question

my nexflix will not work. it was fine. it says cannot connect. I have bright house wireless and everything was working fine and all other system are fine but my Netflix. I have been on the phone for three days with Netflix, bright house, and vizio. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model E309i-A1. less than two years.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works but Netflix.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Three days. nothing happened.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. I just want my Netflix back.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please try a full factory reset of the TV, and then once that is done and the TV turns back on - setup your Wi Fi network on the TV again (enter the network password), and then sign in to Netflix and let me know what happens:

To restore the TV to its factory default settings:

1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu is displayed.

2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.

3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed.

4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.

5. If you have changed the default parental control passcode, enter it now. The TV displays, “Select Reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults.”

6. Highlight Reset and press OK.

7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.