Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cannot get a signal on TV. model #UW32SC1W, I cannot use the

Customer Question

Cannot get a signal on TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model #UW32SC1W
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cannot use the remote. We have cablevision. We were using the cablevision remote. We tried to go to source input does not work,
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This problem just happened today. I was watching cable station. I went to change channel and all of a sudden TV started with No Input. I called cablevision and they told me to hit TV input. Did not work. They tried rebooting. Then Cablevision said you haave to call Westinghouse.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?