Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I can't get the cogeco cable to come on the t.v. The cogeco

Customer Question

Hi. I can't get the cogeco cable to come on the t.v. The cogeco cable guy said I needed to contact you about the input. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jack. I thought I was contacting toshiba customer service? I think the model # is 36A42 but 32A42 has the same front of the t.v. only 36 is larger. My t.v. is 30" high by 38" wide.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a cable box or connected directly into the wall outlet ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Try to set your tv on channel 3 or 4 if you have a cable box then use the cable remote to change channels

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

What type of cable(s) did you use to connect the cable box to the tv , is it a single coaxial cable connected in the tv`s antenna/cable terminal at the rear or color coded cables/plugs ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jack. The model# ***** ***** The t.v. is on channel 3. It won't respond to the remote when I put it on cogeco. When I change the input all I get is snow or black screen. Someone pulled out the plugs on the back of the t.v. trying to get it to turn on, as it was not responding to that command on the remote, and believes they put the plugs back in the right spot but since then cable doesn't come up at all but I can still view movies on dvd or vhs.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

What you need to do now is to check where the cable box is connected at the back of the tv .

Is it ant. 1 or 2 , color stream 1 or 2 ,video in 1 or 2 then set your tv to that input .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Part of the problem is that I don't know what to plug into what from the cable box to the back of the tv. There is a video 1&2 on the back of the tv but there is a plug in both spots.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

How about a coaxial cable in the antenna terminal , just like a vcr , do you have such a cable ?

Connect it into ant. 1 for example and that cable box will have a RF /TV out for the other end of that cable

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jack. You r talking to someone who doesn't know what a coaxial cable is. Is it the cable that comes in from outside?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jack. On the back of the cable box the red plug is in the pr spot which seems to be under the video out spot.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Click the link below , that's a coaxial cable and yes same type as the one from the cable company

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the coaxial cable have more than one plug on it. The one going from the cable box to the back of the tv has 3.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then it has video cables so never mind the coaxial .

Where does it connect in the tv ?

What does it say , video in 1 or 2 , set your tv to that input by pressing the TV/VIDEO button on the front of the tv if the remote doesn`t work

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Make sure the yellow jack both on the cable box and tv are using the yellow plug , that's the video signal

Again , look what it says where it is plugged into the tv and use that tv/video button to set the tv to that input and that is that simple

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesn't matter if it's in video 1 or 2 the cable is not coming thru.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I say the cable is not coming thru I mean my cogeco cable. I know I sound like I don't know what I am talking about because I don't. I haven't got a clue where the plugs go. It's late and I am frustrated [not with you] and tired. I feel like I am getting nowhere. I am thinking that maybe I should unplug everything and start from there but I am not into it tonight. What do I owe you for your help?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think my computer is slow in sending these messages. I will keep this page up but I may be going to sleep soon. If I do not connect with you tonight then thank you for your time and help.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

If you`re still around today send me shout if you want to continue .

Otherwise please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.