Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My 2014 55" suddenly lost sound, 55LB5900 built in sept

Customer Question

my 2014 55" suddenly lost sound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 55LB5900 built in sept 2014
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes it works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened this morng when first turned on
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have had a LG sound bar connected. I disconnected the bar, still no sound from the tv
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

As I suspect you are connected to a cable box or satellite receiver , try this first ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I saw you looking at my answer some 7 minutes ago , any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that