Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Panasonic plasma TV about 7 years old. I need to check out

Customer Question

Panasonic plasma TV about 7 years old. I need to check out an older dvd and what to input using red, white and yellow RCA plugs. The plugs on the side say Video in 2. When I push inputs on remote Video 1 is ok but video 2 is greyed out and it skips over it. How can I get a temporary input on video 2?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 7 years old.About menu says TV 0120-1010
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just now as I am tryuing to fix a problem with DVD player in travel trailer but need to verify DVD player is problem and not TV in trailer. Trying to play DVD in house on Panasonic.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sorry you're having problems. The Input 2 is greyed out because older Panasonic sets require you to "Label" the Input before you can use it in the TV MENU. In order to find you specific instructions on how to do this, I need the FULL model number off of the back of the TV (the number you posted is not related to model in any way). A Panasonic model number will be something like: TC-P50P2U or similar. Please get that and I can then pull up instructions for you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please review my reply and postback to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.