Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sony model KDL-46VES sometimes when i turn on tv there is no

Customer Question

sony model KDL-46VES sometimes when i turn on tv there is no sound and i have to turn it on and off and on - several times to get sound. also a pink purple tone to the image does the same thing - is there when i first turn on tv, have to turn it off and on several times to get the right color. sometimes both occur at the same time and sometimes each may occur singularly
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model KDL-46VES maybe 6 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works - only on cable tv input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: has been going on for about 6 - 8 months. is progressively getting more frequent
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ? not that i know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, is the Sony directly connected to a cable feed? ...or is there a cable box? If using a cable box, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).