Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My toshiba tv will not change out of video 2 mode.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Please elaborate - what Input are you trying to get the set over to? What's connected there- is it a Cable Box, etc.?

Are you attempting to use the original TV remote or a cable remote, etc.?

Does MENU, and volume function as they should?

Please reply back with those details as it allows me to determine what the root cause of the problem is.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please view my reply and reply back to continue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to get the tv to come out of video 2. I have try a universal remote and a direct tv remote to program to change.
Menu button works
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please elaborate - what Input are you trying to get the set over to? What's connected there- is it a Cable Box, etc.?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

In other words, you're trying to get OUT OF Video 2, and over to "what"?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No cable box is connected
Trying to get on tv
Nthing is connected to tv
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would like to get into tv, or pc
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, well you can't change to an Input unless there's something connected to it, and also you have to have Labeled the Input. So what I'm asking is if you have tried getting it onto one of these other Inputs before. If you have NEVER selected them before, then you need to do some other steps. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I want to connect the tv to a cable box
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

So have you selected these other Inputs before with no problem, or is this the first time trying to?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have never labeled anything on the tv, it was hooked up to my sons PS3
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
First time trying to change the inputs
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay there's no one single way to connect a Cable Box, it could be via HDMI, via Component Video connections, etc. That being said, what cables do you have connected from the Cable Box to the TV? This tells us what Input you're going to need to change it to.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Or, if you want to get me the Make and Model off the front of the Cable Box then I can help you connect it (In other words VIP2200, or Explorer 4340HD, etc.).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right now, I hav ether but completed disconnected to anything except power.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Toshiba 37AV502U
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

That isn't going to help us since I cant see what you're seeing. I ALREADY HAVE the model of the TV. Please carefully re-read what I'm asking you here.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You're trying to connect a cable box to the TV you said. Get me the Make and Model off the front of the Cable Box then I can help you connect it (In other words VIP2200, or Explorer 4340HD, etc.).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Direct tv
HR 44-700
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

On the back of the Genie you're going to connect a set of "Red,Blue,Green.Red and White" component video cables to the same colored jacks.

Then plug the other end of those cables into the same colored jacks on the TV labeled "Colorstream HD 1".

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Once that's complete, then use the INPUT button on the left side of the TV and press it repeatedly to select "HD 1" in order to view the Genie on the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you're still unable to change the TV's Input over to HD 1 - even using the Input button on the side of the TV (which supersedes the remotes) then it's likely that the Inputs are "Locked" on the set, and you would need to know the PIN CODE on the TV, and then to follow the instructions on page 47 of the manual at the link below to unlock the HD 1 Input:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20081019182900/Manuals/052/05226AV502.PDF

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the code, but how do I put in with no remote to chane
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Ah, so you don't have the original Toshiba remote, well that isn't going to work then and you're going to have to get the OEM remote in order to unlock the Inputs and use the TV. Or, the workaround would be to use Red,White and Yellow RCA cables from the Genie to the TV instead - and plug them into the VIDEO 2 jacks on the set - since the set is stuck on VIDEO 2.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't put a pin in when remote won't work
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please don't double post. I read your reply and responded back.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

So you're limited to using the VIDEO 2 jacks (red,white and yellow), or purchasing the OEM remote so you can unlock the set and then use the other Inputs. The OEM remote is at the link below for your set for $10:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toshiba-46RV53CU-52RV53CU-26AV502U-32AV502U-37AV502U-LCD-TV-Remote-Control-/121871633386?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is OEM remote
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Original Equipment.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is that the only way to use a remote? What about a universal remote or direct tv?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

No there is not. The set's native remote is designed to exclusively access the set's inner MENU's. In other words, you need the remote that came with the TV. Or, you need to use the VIDEO 2 jacks to connect the DirecTv box to using Red,White and Yellow RCA cables. Those are the only two options and we can't change those factors I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did change with those jacks. Now I need to put in code for the inteenwt to hook up wifi
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The TV doesn't have Wi Fi, so you don't need any TV codes, the rest is going to be done with your DirecTv remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

So did you need anything further with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't get it to change -
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the red, white and yellow wires hooked up to nox
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What else can I do to dix