Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

TV (PANASONIC) has picture but no audio on most channels.

Customer Question

JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: approximately 6=7 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: One day. Turned off TV, checked security of all cables, checked volume, ran through all channels
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The music channels are fine. A few other channels have audio but they are not in synch with the picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Got your other closed , we are not allowed to reply to duplicates

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If the model number is on the back, I cannot move the TV. Connected to a cable box.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this a scam?
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then the cable box is the one that controls the sound here so if you have sound on some channels this means the tv is fine and as far as I know cable boxes do not have the SAP (second audio program) option

Try to reboot that cable box by pulling out its power cord 30 secs or so

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

What would we be talking about here SCAM ???

I`m a real life tech. and certainly not a scammer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It now works except when I try to change the channels, they are now locked. i only saidi scam because the price keeps going up.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Not privy to any of the money matters here

not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

It certainly looks like your cable box is acting up , you could try another reboot , perhaps a bit longer like 2 minutes but I would get ready to call the cable company to have that box replaced

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you