Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It's dead?? PN64J8500 plasma.Power light blinks about 12

Customer Question

It's dead?? PN64J8500 plasma.Power light blinks about 12 times slowly and them 3 times quickly. Swapped out the power supply board and that did not fix it.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: PN64J8500 2.5 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was acting this way intermittently, would come on sometimes and not others. when it wouldnt come on the blinking would stop and then my remote would make th epower light blink rapidly until finally the set turned off completely and the power light would stay on. Then it just fionally dies completely
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right TV Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Are you saying that right now the power light is lit steadily red, and there is no response at all from the power button on the TV itself, or the remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please never mind the questions you were asked earlier- they're all sent by a computer and not relevant to any specific TV problem.

That said, let me know about the power light, and also were there any issues with the picture at all when the set would shut down?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I would power up the set nothing happens except the power light starts slowly blinking. Does that 12 times and then blinks 3 more times rapidly
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay you mentioned something about the power light would stay on. So right now, what exactly is the set doing or not doing? Please provide as much detail as possible as to what exactly happens when you press the power button.