Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

No sound, not even on earphone. Picture ok

Customer Question

No sound, not even on earphone jack. Picture ok modelUN22F000AFXZA ver FPOZ. Got audio set on standard??????
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: see above. About 3-5 year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works. When I adjust audio scroll works no sound
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started being an issue this am. I am on ATT uverse. System
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

The fact that you are on ATT tells me you have a cable box and

as cable boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.