Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The colour has gone. It's now mainly a washed-out pinkish

Customer Question

The colour has gone. It's now mainly a washed-out pinkish colour or brown for lighter colours. Otherwise it's black for the darker colours. Also it's no longer clear/focused, particularly when there's movement on the screen. How can you help?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model No. UA55ES6200M
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Sorry I bought it in 2013. Let me try inputting from some other source.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Same problem from other sources like a laptop. Problem started last Friday, 3 or 4 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Seems to be getting worse each day - the colour and the lack of clear crisp images. Every movement/action on TV becomes a multiplicity of pictures overlapping each other like the action of your mouse when it leaves a trail as you move it around.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for the delay

Could you please let me know that if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu ITSELF poor too?or is the menu nice and bright and normal please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Everything including the Menu items has been affected by this lack of colour and blurred images.

OK that is very likely to be the t-con board that drives the LCD panel, it will need to be replaced, do you think you can do this yourself?I will provide all necessary info for you to do that thanks just let me know...

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,a 3 to 5 star rating (click submit) enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony