Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We are getting no input signal and have bought two brand new

Customer Question

We are getting no input signal and have bought two brand new HDMI cables and our DirecTV box is working
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Model tx-47f430s westinghouse
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Unknown to both
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If there's No Signal regardless of switching out HDMI cables on the TV (and providing you're using the Input/Source button on the TV's original remote to select the correct HDMI Input) then it would point to either the DirecTv box HDMI Output, or the TV's HDMI Input being faulty. That said, are there any OTHER sources (Blu Ray player, etc.) connected to the set via HDMI that ARE working as they should?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Also have you tried all of HDMI 1, 2 AND 3 on the TV respectively and selected them to see if the same issue is there on ALL HDMI INPUTS?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but without hearing back from you all I can offer are suggestions. Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you're unable to obtain a signal using ay of the 3 HDMI ports, multiple HDMI cables or other sources (DirecTv box, DVD player, etc.) then it indicates a failure of the HDMI processing on the Mainboard. This requires replacement of the Mainboard to fix the issue. That part can be purchased at the link below for your set and can be replaced by yourself if you are a DIY type:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westinghouse-47-TX-47F430S-55-70E01-A11-Main-Video-Board-MotherBoard-Unit-/361783542431?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Or alternatively a shop will charge close to $250 parts and labor to replace the Main in this set which is not cost effective as the TV can be replaced for the same cost with a brand new 42" LED Smart TV. That said, I've outlined absolutely EVERYTHING that can cause a No Signal message on this TV (scroll up the page to read all replies), and I have not heard anything back.

That said, the site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your quick response
We will trouble shoot all those tomorrow
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.
You're welcome. Could you please click a positive rating for my efforts?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.