Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

I have a 20 yr old 48 inch Mitsubishi TV.. it still works

Customer Question

I have a 20 yr old 48 inch Mitsubishi TV.. it still works good. Was interested in a good value assessment. It's still in good to excellent shape. Just not as functional wise .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hold o hold please let me check. Sorry about that.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Model no CS 35313
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have no problems except it takes up space. So Am looking to sell it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any reference or wholesale shop recommendations?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hi. CRT TV now are really hard to sell. That said there is a market for them on video game forum as they don't have as much display delay as modern TV (being analogue) and are often the only way to play light gun games. Most usually prefer the high end Sony trinitron but Mistubishi ones are very good one also. So you may expect to get between 40-60$ on classified ads but if you target classic videogames player you may get $100.

If you are not in a hurry and want to keep it stored, i expect to see those tise in price over time the same way lamp amplifier raised after being called obsolete for years. In 20 years, i would not be surprised to see those kind of TV selling for around $600-1000.