Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It started being real shaky and the color was dark and

Customer Question

It started being real shaky and the color was dark and saturated and now there is just a black screen.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: where would I find the model number. It is about 3-4 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2-3 days. It was fine when we went to bed. Bad in the morning when we woke up.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a Sharp Aquos 70 inch that is on the wall. Could the model # be###-##-#### That # is on the side
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does that help?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Model number would start like LC-70xxxx or some thing similar. ###-##-####seems serial number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't take that 70 in down off of the wall to find it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Can you please check the label pasted on side where the serial number is ***** and model number would also be on same label.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
LC(0r G)70LE755U
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is LC
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for model number info.

- Do you get program sound from TV speakers while screen is black?

- OR the power light on TV front blink when press power button to turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did for awhile, but not now.
Power light on front is lit up.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have un plugged. I will try again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, leave the TV power cord unplugged for 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
unplugged for 10 minutes. Saw the "Sharp" sign for a few seconds and now the screen is black. The Dish Box is still booting up.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, please press menu button on TV remote (not the dish remote), does TV own menu screen show up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but shaky.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Shaky? is the menu graphics shaking vertically or horizontally or the entire screen flickering?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Entire screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Flickering might be a better description.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to hear that, most likely it is power supply board issue that provides volts to backlight system and rarely the main board (where all video inputs are located) found bad that has main controller chip for similar symptoms.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then check with following board supplier to get replacement power board/ main board if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp/lc-70le755u

TV will need to take down from wall and take off the back cover for board replacement. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.