Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My samsung tv is cycling through cable channels and will not

Customer Question

My samsung tv is cycling through cable channels and will not stop. Use to be volume would go to zero.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Must be over 5 years old, Model number LN40B530P7FXZC. Yes unplugged and off for 12 hours.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 5 years old Left unplugged for 12 hours
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1 week. Just happened one night that volume would go down to zero. Couldn't control from remote. Go to tv and turn up volume, then almost right away would go back to zero. This stopped and now recycling thru cable channels.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Seems like the controls on the side of tv are controlling tv Can't use remote.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

There are two things that can cause this the first thing is the remote control itself so please take the batteries out of the remote and let me know if there is any change, the remote can be transmitting spurious signals

Let me know please before we move on

Anthony