Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Older sony 32" tv is stuck on zoom- won't show entire

Customer Question

older sony 32" tv is stuck on zoom- won't show entire picture
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model KV-27V40 age is approx 8 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes- and I've tried running through the various sreen size options-with no success
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since we have been hooked up to Charter cable HD box
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-What input port on the back of the tv are you connecting the charter box to? all inputs are labeled....

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HDMI 2
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

This model tv "KV-27V40" does not have any hdmi ports. So what is the model tv that we are working with here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
32M3000 sorry about that - I have an old manual and remote that must not belong to this set
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

no problem. I will look that up.... but basically the size and shape of the picture on your screen is set in two places. One is the Tv the other is the cable box. You need to experiment using a combination of both of these settings until you find a size/shape you like.

-On the Tv remote use the appropriate aspect ratio button.

-On your cable/satellite box remote use the appropriate aspect ratio button.

The button will be called something like WIDE, or ASPECT, or ZOOM, or FORMAT or PIC SIZE etc.

The available sizes may vary depending on if you are looking at an HD channel or SD channel.

If you need more help, REPLY back here and tell me if you actually see the sizes change when pressing those buttons on each remote.

If you do not understand what I just posted use the REPLY option, or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?