Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My toshiba tv model 32hlv66 wont come on and has the

Customer Question

My toshiba tv model 32hlv66 wont come on and has the orange/yellow disc indicator light that blinks 3 times
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The 3 amber blinks (what Toshiba refers to that color as), indicates a failure of the Siene/Mainboard in the TV, and generally requires the Mainboard be replaced to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the issue goes beyond that, then unfortunately there are no other attempt on a "user level" to try to fix this and the Seine board would indeed need to be replaced. Now, given the set is only a 32" that's several years old, and would cost roughly $250 to repair at a shop, I would strongly suggest putting that same money into a new set (as a brand new 32" LED Smart TV starts at around $200 for a Vizio).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Alternatively, if you're a DIY type, then the Seine board for your set can be purchased at the link below for $35 if you wanted to fix the set yourself:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Toshiba-32HLV66-Seine-Board-PE0079F-V28A00004601/235671190?goog_pla=1&gpid=173784728461&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o1&ad_type=pla&gclid=CjwKEAjwtNbABRCsqO7J0_uJxWYSJAAiVo5LafY7rD70eVcktK8lRvV_ICn3QUNPdYdNkoZJAnFY0xoCO6zw_wcB

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please view my reply for the answer to the question you posted here today. Thanks.