Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

There is a message on the upper right hand corner of the TV

Customer Question

There is a message on the upper right hand corner of the TV which shows the input which is "HDMI3" and the time. I cannot use the menu to remove the message. When the menu key on the remote is depressed, the menu shows for 2 seconds and then goes away. Tried everything, but nothing will take the message away. I used to be able to clear the message in the past, but now it does not clear. The TV is a little over 2 years old. Any way to clear this or hold the menu so that it can be cleared?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Where can I find the make and model number on the T.V?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: That I have not tried. There are 6 different inputs that can be run into the TV, but the input is on HDMI3 and called up the others like "AV' or "HDMI1" or any of the other three all come back with "No Signal".
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The electric company came out and changed the meter on the apartment we live in. The Meter person told me that he was going to do this and before I had the chance to turn off the TV, he pulled the meter to replace it with an meter that would send the usage information directly to the electric company.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time. Would just like to know what is going on or if there is something wrong with the internal system of the TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What is the brand name of this tv ?

Sony , Toshiba, Samsung etc. ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
vizio
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Can you see a button on the TV's remote that says display , info , etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

How about an EXIT button ?