Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sound out conection model 55Lat400, Model 55LAT400 3years, I

Customer Question

Sound out conection model 55Lat400
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model 55LAT400 3years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I need to connect a wireless device to use with cochlear processors and this means no sound for anyone else
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have only just received wireless device and there is no sound out plug
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Can you please tell me the brand of the tv, and recheck the model, that does not appear to be a valid tv model.

Can you also tell me what connections you've been trying to use here, and what model your wireless device is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LG Model 55LA7400-Tc
I am using optical cable and that means no sound for anyone else. Can not use red and white plugs for sound out as there is no sound out on back of T V
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please reply
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not need to add more please answer my question
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I need to know what wireless device you are using, please. There are a lot of variables here. Using the optical output should not preclude the main tv speakers from working, there are other issues to address depending on the hardware used.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The wireless device is a wireless streamer issued by cochlear hear always. It is meant to stream sound directly into processor and other people in room should be able to hear TV through TV speakers.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Using the optical connection would not preclude the main speakers from working,

are you not able to get any audio signal at all out of the optical port?
What input sources are you using with the tv (Cable/satellite box, dvd, etc)?