Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Movers just left after moving all furniture out and back for

Customer Question

Movers just left after moving all furniture out and back for house repainting.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Whoops - Hit "Return" when I shouldn't have. Anyway - we have a Model 237-T11 (4 or 5 years old?). I have a coaxial cable from Astound to their "cable box" and their output is also a coaxial cable. Problem - can't find a co
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't even find the inputs from the DVD recorder which is the only other thing we would plug in. Menu? I don't know if it works since I haven't tried to turn the TV on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Everything was working fine. Unfortunately it was the movers who unhooked everything and I don't remember how the TV was hooked up to the cable box.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, are you missing the power cord perhaps? Or just not sure how to reconnect everything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only problem I am having is that the "information" output cable from the Astound Cable box is Coaxial and
there is no provision for input to the 237-T11 for a coaxial data input.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Your model does have a coax port, it is the round threaded connector and should be on the internal vertical edge of the back, it is not facing out straight from the back of the tv, but rather in a recessed area and pointed to the side, can you please try looking there for it.

Alternately you can use another connection if your box supports it, such as the red/white/yellow or hdmi connection

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What happened here? This is confusing and not asddressing my problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you are referring to,

if you are seeing phone call offers, those are automated and optional, just ignore them if you don't want them.

Were you able to find the coax port on the tv? It is not facing straight out (head on, when looking at the back), it is in a recessed area and should be pointing toward the right hand side of the tv.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.