Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have no sound on my samsung smart TV, It's about 3 years

Customer Question

I have no sound on my samsung smart TV
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's about 3 years maybe 4 years old... no, not yet.. is that your advice? I had a friend stay here last weekend.. no doubt she pushed a button to turn it off.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. TV remote menu, correct? I go to sound and select TV.. but, nothing. I have Att bundle.. not sure which remote to try.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had the TV on for her dog.. then we left and she stayed the weekend. When we came home... no sound. Everything else is the exact same.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shall I try plugging and unplugging?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

The unplugging may do at times but not " for hours" LOL I did ask to have that suggestions taken off her repertory but it looks like she still has it .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cable box
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then if there is something to unplug that would be it , not the tv

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request and although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Try that reboot of the box , it works 90% of the time

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate and SUBMIT ) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That worked. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

.