Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 6 yr. old Samsung tv's volume just goes down on its own.

Customer Question

My 6 yr. old Samsung tv's volume just goes down on its own. I took the batteries out of the remote, and I am using the volume control on the tv. It stays on sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 10 secs., and then goes off again. The picture is still wonderful. This is driving me crazy!
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It is 6 yrs., but no, I have not tried unplugging it for a couple of hours. Should I do that?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have not even tried that. Should I do that first?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's now been about a week. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes not.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions and especially the one about unplugging the tv for hours.;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Does the volume goes down like you can see the volume display going down or the sound just cuts off ?