Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Tv went dead and now have 7 blinking lights, P55gt31, Tv

Customer Question

Tv went dead and now have 7 blinking lights
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: P55gt31
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv doesn't come on at all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV was working fine it just went dead
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else to tell
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

While I type down your answer try this on your TC-P55GT31 ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

I don't really expect that reboot to work and especially for the 7 blinks code but it has to be tried .

So here is your answer ;

That code points to the scan drives (SU and SD) boards connected to the Y-sustain (SC) board and those 3 get replaced at the same time usually and that means some $200 in parts .

This is not something you can do yourself unless you`re a tech. in which case you would not be here .

So you would be looking at a $350 repair done at home and maybe $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you