Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My remote no longer works. I changed the batteries but it

Customer Question

My remote no longer works. I changed the batteries but it still doesn't work. I bought it at Walmart in Forest Lake Minnesota in May of 2013. It doesn't turn it on or off. I have Dish network. My Dish remote will allow me to change channels, save programs and surf around the channels, but I cannot change the volume or the picture size or the input so I have to use the tiny buttons on the lower right side of the TV. Do I need a new remote and if so how do I get one. The TV is a 1080HDTVLCD Model No. DP42841/DP46841. Thank you. ***** email***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. I understand the Sanyo remote is not working for the set's native functions. In order to determine if the remote or the IR sensor in the TV itself is the problem, do you have access to a cell phone camera (an iPhone will NOT work) or a digital camera please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please review my reply and type back to me so we can proceed.