Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My in laws just gave us their two year old sharp aquuos 42

Customer Question

My in laws just gave us their two year old sharp aquuos 42 inch tv and we cannot program the channels because we don't have the secret code it pin
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Lc-42d43u
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We can use the DVD player through the HDMI but cannot program channels
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been this way since we set it up in it new house and nothing has popped up it just asked for a pin to continue with what you ask it to-do Menu is functional
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Using antenna no SAT or cable
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Was a code /pin ever set on this tv ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but we tried the ones they suggested and it didn't work
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then this will be a bit tricky but usually can be done , i will need a few minutes please

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for waiting

While it is asking for the password ***** to the tv then press and hold CHANNEL UP and VOLUME UP at the same time until a message " THE SECRET NUMBER IS ***** " this will give you that forgotten number

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You can then go into the parental lockk menu and turn that off

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that