Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sharp tv with audio settings greyed out. I can't get sound

Customer Question

sharp tv with audio settings greyed out. I can't get sound out of tv. had to run 10-pin with rca directly to speakers
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years LG-32LE653U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menue works. I don't know - only tried satellite box. odd thing is it worked up until a week ago. in the past when I lost sound I could get it back by resetting the satellite box.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one week. Nothing that I know of. turned tv on one day and no sound, rebooted box several times to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

This does sound like the TV is responsible however do you have another input to try like a DVD player or even an old VCR anything that is besides the box input?just to be 100% sure of the diagnosis?we have to do this ourselves in the field for this very scenario

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I don't.

OK I am going to assume then that the set is bad here now if you go into the settings menu there may be a option to reset the TV to factory or shipping default if you do not see this after looking through the TV setting menu please let me know, please activate that if it has this facility