Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We turned the TV off, and now it won't turn back on. I tried

Customer Question

We turned the TV off, and now it won't turn back on. I tried unplugging it for about 10 minutes. When I plugged it back in, the red light turned on. We pushed the power button on the set and the blue light came on, but the screen stays blank.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sceptre model X32. and yes, this has happened before. Can't remember what we did last time to get it back on again.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing comes up on the screen at all when we push any of the buttons on the side of the set. The only thing that shows life is the blue light on the front of the TV. By the way, we don't use the remote because it doesn't work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The TV generally runs day and night in grandma's room, so there isn't a problem when it is on. My wife was cleaning in the room and was bothered by the noise and turned it off. So now we can't turn it back on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have tried changing the batteries in the remote, so we know that isn't the problem why the remote doesn't work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

When you say blank , do you mean with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .