Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Want to connect audio output via RCA inputs on rec amp,

Customer Question

want to connect audio output via RCA inputs on rec amp
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung series 4 4500 only audio output is optical,my receiver [aged] only has RCA inputs for audio,is it possible to connect w/ some sort of adaptor
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No other problems
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: no issues popped up,w/ previous TV connected TV audio out was RCA which connected to input of amp
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Yes there is an Optical to RCA audio converter. I am pulling up a link for you now.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

The converter below is a "Digital (optical) to Analog (stereo red and white RCA) Converter". This is designed for legacy audio gear that lacks digital inputs, to be connected to a newer TV that use optical for it's audio out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/47930334?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036296301&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=80115745712&wl4=aud-261800281660:pla-156682860272&wl5=9001641&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=47930334&wl13=&veh=sem

You will simply connect an optical cable from the TV's "Digital Audio Out" port to the INPUT of the converter, then run RCA cables from the converter to your amp or receiver.

Additionally an optical cable is available at the following link:

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please read my reply for the answer to your question and don't forget to RATE- thanks!