Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

SN903114M60242L//MODEL # 37AV512U--WHEN MANUFCTURED? COMCAST

Customer Question

SN903114M60242L//MODEL # 37AV512U--WHEN MANUFCTURED? COMCAST TECHNITION SAID LAST WEEK THAT THE REMOTE SENSOR MIGHT HAVE GONE OUT. SCREEN GOES BLANK PERIODICALLY AND THEN AN XFINITY MESSAGE COMES ON SAYING, "RECONNECTING" I AM GUESSING THAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS THE AGE OF THE TV AND I DON'T REMEMBER THE DATE OF PURCHASE. I AM CERTAIN IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY. HELP ME MAKE A DECISION ABOUT WHATTO DO.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, That message indicating that the set is "reconnecting" has nothing to do with the TV and is DIRECTLY generated by the Xfinity box, meaning that the cable box itself is losing signal and then reconnecting to the TV. That is not related in any way to the remote sensor going out on the TV (unless you additionally have other symptoms as well). So, did the Xfinity technician replace the cable box, or even the HDMI cable yet by any chance?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're posting multiple questions, but please reply on this page to the Info Requested if you still need help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you for comment, but how old is this Toshiba tv?
re multiple postings, I am unfamiliar with y'alls page routine. so, I am wandering to find out how to use.
bot***** *****ne: Comcast coming out tomorrow and I would like to know the age of the TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not 100% sure since the model number you posted shows up in no searches, so it seems the model number is ***** bit off. Can you double check it and postback?