Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I try to watch netflix on my tv i get an error msg

Customer Question

When I try to watch netflix on my tv i get an error msg (connection to server failed 006)
Last night it worked perfectly...tonight this msg. Whats Up?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the TV you receive Netflix on please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wow that wasn't easy.....TC P65GT50
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still there?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Sorry about that, the reply just showed up.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm pulling this error code up now to see what needs to be done. Sorry, I am unavailable by phone.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please first try a hard reset of the TV by pulling the power cord from the wall (unplug the set) then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Plug the set back in, turn it on and see if it connects. Again, this is a first step. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If that does not allow Netflix to connect then we will need to perform a factory reset of the TV as follows:

To Reset by TV programming MENU

1. Press [MENU] on the remote.
  2. scroll to [Setup] press [OK].
  3. Scroll to [System] press [OK]
  4. Scroll to [Factory default] press [OK].

Follow the directions on screen to reset the TV to its original factory defaults.

Once those steps are done you will need to setup the TV as if it were new which includes selecting your Home Network, entering the router password ***** then running a connection test. This generally cures the issue you're having. However if it does not, simply reply back here with the results and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok first step did not work....moving to the second option tv is in different room so if I am slow that is why
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, sorry to hear that and let me know what happens after those second steps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
These are my options
1 Viera Link Settings
2 Advanced Settings
3 First Time Setup
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which one to choose
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Not sure. How far did you get in those steps I posted above? Is the TV already RESET, or??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I trid to do the hard re-set....
When I go to menu the options you had me try were not there other than the three i gave you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Those steps I pulled were directly from Panasonic's site as to how to reset the TV. Your TV has a built in E-Manual and that is not something I can access. Check the First Time setup and let me know what options it has.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went into the network work settings and the signal strength is 5 bar (great)...I am afraid if I reset to factory defaults that will screw up my dish network --bluray...etc...? I will try first time set up and see what options we have
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind ...Apparently I fixed it...My netflix is up and running....
I appreciate you being there but....
I wont be charged for this correct?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Why would you not be charged? You did a soft reset of the TV as I instructed and then were in the MENU per my guidance to reset the TV and then Netflix started working. You paid the site a deposit to work with a real live technician to help you solve this, and I have been working of my own time trying to help you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Anyhow if you're saying that somehow the TV fixed itself, and you're 100% sure it had nothing to do with the hard reset, then it is your call whether or not you decide to credit me for my time (which only occurs with a rating of my efforts).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Whatever....I feel I was the one that fixed it ... if you truly think the soft reset did the trick why then didnt it work right away....fine...not gonna argue....who is to say...its your conscience not mine....But truly thanks for trying to help...and I mean that sincerely