Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It isn't the TV except so far as I am trying to set up a new

Customer Question

It isn't the TV except so far as I am trying to set up a new DVD Player, the Samsung D530 and I am not sure I am connecting the wires correctly. One thing is definite - I do have the power cord in right but the rest is driving me crazyt
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It's a Samsung and it is HD but I don't know the model. It was a re-gift from our daughter
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, the problem is the same on all sources. I did purchase a HDMI cable because the information given when I was purchasing it was that there was no HDMI cable. Do I use both the red and white jacks and the HDMI Cable
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's a brand new Samsung player. I received it in the mail yesterday and was trying to set it up today so I could watch a film
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need all the help I can get, please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Please postback with the full model number off of the back of the TV so I can tell you what needs to be connected.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Samsung makes many different TV's and not all have the same connections or requirements to connect a DVD player to, so I need that info to help you. Also my apologies about the questions you were asked earlier- those were auto-generated by a computer and not relevant.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.