Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Sharp 80-inch TV shuts down twice a night (around 4:30

Customer Question

Our Sharp 80-inch TV shuts down twice a night (around 4:30 and then again around 9:30). I turn off the ATT box and then turn on both TV and ATT and it comes back normally. We purchased the TV in 2012.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Wait while I get owner's manual.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV purchased 28 February 2013. It is a Model LC-80LE632U. The Sharp remote operates normally as does the AT&T controller. I've checked our 55" Samsung during the time the Sharp drops off line and the Samsung is working fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been happening the last 4 to 6 months and I've been trying to isolate the source of the trouble. I made sure it was not ATT U-verse, so I am going to Sharp to see if this problem is unique or is there a record of this auto turn-off. Next is what can I do about it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have it hooked through a Yamaha sound bar HDMI port.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks

Two things here....when the set shuts down is the light in the front of the set blinking?or does the set just drop to standby as though its been switched off?

Anthony

Please just reply back with taht info above in the box below when you get a chance thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The triangular light goes off.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to accomplish some tasks, I'll have to get in touch at a later time.

OK we do need to go through this, its not going to just take a couple of mins thanks, ***** ***** a few things that can cause this, please just get back to me when ready by bookmarking this page so you easily find your way back here ....most important DO NOT open a new question

Thanks again

Anthony

Also there will be delays between replies as I search through bulletins for the set (read above too)

Anthony