Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

HDMI ports failed on my Samsung, LN46A550P3F--------S, yes

Customer Question

HDMI ports failed on my Samsung
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: LN46A550P3F--------S
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works, and only the av(red white yellow plugs) work. HDMI ports 1 and 2 will read signal, but then go to fuzz / kaleidoscope colors with a loud noise through speakers. Port 3 won't read signal unless unplugged first , then it kaleidoscopes too.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Bought an Xbox 1 and hell broke loose. Would play for a while then go funny and have to restart. I thought bad capacitors none are swollen.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Already taken theback off a few times, I'm assuming it's a bad main board.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Do you have only the xbox connected to this tv ?