Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Lat screen TV on 4/3/11 from Sears. Model # Z2ZF3CEB41497OF.

Customer Question

lat screen TV on 4/3/11 from Sears. Model # Z2ZF3CEB41497OF.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: mODEL # 40D6000SFXZA.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The Screen has a fine line running across 6 inches below the top, now I see a line a line vertically on the rt side . Please tell me if this is fixable. Seems to be getting worse, going on for about 2 weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Purchased from Sears, within 6 months , the TV screen had an issue picture dropped halfway down the screen , since it was under warranty SEARS replaced the part.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

You are saying that those lines are horizontal (across) the screen ?

If you open the tv`s own menu , does it cover those lines or they show over the menu as well ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the lines remain . Horizontally , and now one vertically on rt side of screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then i know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for waiting

O.k then this is a LCD tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows over the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.