Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Power light blinks red 3 times, Kds-r50xbr1, Doesn't turn on

Customer Question

Power light blinks red 3 times
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Kds-r50xbr1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Doesn't turn on it blinks green then goes to red
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today went to turn it on it started blinking green then went to red
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-How long have you had the tv?

-Has it ever been serviced or any parts replaced?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Not sure why you cannot reply...

3 blinks on this tv means the lamp is not fully seated into the tv and/or the lamp DOOR is not properly put on the tv. There are sensors inside the tv that detect these things. You can try reseating the lamp and door, but if that doesn't help then the entire tv needs to be taken apart and those sensor have to be replaced (they are kinda prone to break). This is complex and should be done by a repair shop but if you are really really good with tiny parts and tools then I can actually give you the technical manuals and help to DIY.

Let me know how you want to proceed and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?