Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic tv model #th-42pz85u no pix and red light

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic tv model #th-42pz85u no pix and red light on unit keeps flashing. I had paused my dish receiver and turned the tv off and when I returned I had this problem.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TH-42PZ85U purchased in 2/2008
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 1 hour. I unplugged the tv and the hdmi cable, unplugged the dish receiver, and the audio receiver.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- How many times the red light on TV flashing, pauses and repeat the blink pattern?

for example, it blinks 7 times, pauses, again blink 7 times, pauses and repeat 7 blinks etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its working fine now. I had it unplugged so I guess that was long enough to reset the tv.
Thanks anyway
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good, if problem reoccurs then reply back to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.