Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have 2 visio TVs one of them has a remote with a button

Customer Question

I have 2 visio TVs one of them has a remote with a button for Amazon and Netflix. I get to Amazon all the time. My larger Visio TV had applications accessible from the lower button on my remote. Amazon was listed and I could get to it. It is no longer listed as an app. I took the remote from the one with the button and tried it on the other Tv and it took me to the Yahoo Aps store and said Amazon was not available.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: The two remotes I used to get to Amazon are Visio remotes. I use an Xfinity remote for everything else except to set the input.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Input is not the problem with the TV that does not get Amazon. The apps are listed with the bottom button
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't tried to get Amazon for a couple of months on that TV so I am not sure. Since the Apps changed this would seem to be an update from Visio.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn the TV On and check if desired app is available and working?

If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be firmware update from Vizio and there is no other way around to add the application in TV except to wait for next firmware update from Vizio as they can only add or delete the internet application in TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think you should know if Visio added firmware and if it included Amazon or not Amazon is one of the most popular applications I really don't like having to make deposits and give credit card information to find an answer as to why feature on my television quit working
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Some times TV firmware got glitch and stop a particular app to work that is why I suggested to reboot the TV as follows..