Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

K, so i have a sharp lc60e600u. When powered up, the standby

K, so i have a sharp lc60e600u. When powered up, the standby light (the white "V" under the logo) comes on, the backlights flash briefly then both stby light and backlights shut off. When i unplug the backlight wiring harness, the tv will boot up with sound and run for like...one minute before shutting down. When it shuts down, I get a slowly blinking standby indicator. I tricked into firing up for 30 seconds or so with sound and picture and backlight. Looks like we have ONE single LED out.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ed, reconnect the backlight wiring harness, turn the TV On and let it Off itself and check how the power light blinks, is it one long and one short blink pattern?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Nope. Just steady set of long blinks. I want to be able to check and see if there is a buffer board or anything that could possibly have failed along with that one backlight LED. When i apply voltage to the backlight harness, it doesnt light any of them up, strangely. But I need some help figuring out how to determine what LED to order for replacement. I am comfortable desoldering and resoldering the individual LED, i just need t9 know how to find out what kind of LED it is...white nuetral, warm or cool...and if there are particular ratings I need to stick with....I have tons of LED strips that could act as donors for individual LED replacement, if I can figure out how to determine if the LEDs are a match.

Sharp TV is very sensitive for backlight system and gets locked when it detects backlight error 5 times.

Can you please recheck the power light flashing on TV as it would be one short and one long blink, if so then we can try some thing that might help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

When the harness ia connected, it doesnt bl8nk at all...just tries to turn on, backlight flashes, and then tv shuts off even the standby white "v" shits off

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

What is the reset procedure to unlock it?

Ed, can you recheck TV model number because Lc60e600u is giving me hard time to get related manual.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Sorry bout that, i was going off memory, forgot a letter lol. Lc60Le600u

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I tried hard reset....tried the volume down and input while plugging it in....none of that is working.

Thanks for TV model number, let me check its service manual for any other option.

Whilst hold down the Input source and Volume Down buttons on the set, insert the power cord in or turn on the mains supply. After 30 seconds release these buttons.
The set should now start to function.

Does it happen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ooooh, I didnt hit the main power button while holding those 2 down, i thought it would turn on by itself if i held down those 2 and plugged it in. I will try your method as soon as i get home tonight and let you know the results

OK, try it and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Long time no talk, brother sorry about that. I HOPE HOPE HOPE you're still on here and will be online soon, I am very very backed up, lol. OK, so with this unit....ended up having burnt out backlights in the strip....I have replaced normal LED backlights since I talked to you last. Go pretty dam good at that, I had never done the Edge-Lit ones, though. That was a learning experience, lol, had a hell of a tine sourcung the replacements. But I got them, fixed the edgelit strips, endup up frying the power supply on accident, ordered another one of those, everything ia good ti go. THIS time wgen i did that reset procedure, it worked....tv was functioning normally. However, when I turned it off, it wont turn back on again unless I do that same procedure...so um guessing theres another step to that reset procedure? Please let me know asap, thanks. And I am going to proceed on all the other questions I left ya hanging on, so we can get ya paid. Got some new ones too.

Hi Ed, glad to see you.

Sounds good that TV stays On with reset procedure, yes there are few steps left in troubleshooting to finish the reset procedure and I hope it will work to get the TV back in business.

Please reply back when you're available to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I got it, brother, reset it to factory settings, works fine now. The screen assembly was sitting out forever, Im pretty sure it got dirty from fireplace smoke because its kind of cloudy now.

Nice to know TV is up and going, cleaning the dust will help to get clear screen/ image.

Hoping to get more questions from you in coming days.

Merry Christmas~

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Happy holidays to you as well. So ive been running this unit to test it....and sure enough.....now its developed another problem....runs for about 5 minutes, then shuts off...after cooling down for a while, 10 minutes or so, i can turn it on again.....runs for a while, then shuts down. Sounds like a capacitor on the power supply board, right?

Hi Ed,

When TV shuts down, does power light blink in specific pattern?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

No. When i plug it in....thr standby light lights up white...the tv attempts to turn on, backlight flashes on, then immediately off. Standby light stays on solid white....then after like 2 seconds fades out to black. Seems like the leds are having a fault AGAIN...im thinking im going to check them again when I take it apart to clean it...and just replace all of them. I have enough, I might as well. Answer me soon as u can, I have more questions to open.

Hi Ed,

You're correct, it needs to verify the LEDs to find out if more are failing to replace them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thank ya sir, I'll be getting to that one in 12 hours, give or take. Hey, grab up my new qyestion...its in TVs, for a vizio, i posted it when i poster my resonse to you, and nobody has taken it yet

Thanks, ***** ***** to your Vizio TV question.