Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

K, so i have a sharp lc60e600u. When powered up, the standby

Customer Question

K, so i have a sharp lc60e600u. When powered up, the standby light (the white "V" under the logo) comes on, the backlights flash briefly then both stby light and backlights shut off. When i unplug the backlight wiring harness, the tv will boot up with sound and run for like...one minute before shutting down. When it shuts down, I get a slowly blinking standby indicator. I tricked into firing up for 30 seconds or so with sound and picture and backlight. Looks like we have ONE single LED out.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Ed, reconnect the backlight wiring harness, turn the TV On and let it Off itself and check how the power light blinks, is it one long and one short blink pattern?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Nope. Just steady set of long blinks. I want to be able to check and see if there is a buffer board or anything that could possibly have failed along with that one backlight LED. When i apply voltage to the backlight harness, it doesnt light any of them up, strangely. But I need some help figuring out how to determine what LED to order for replacement. I am comfortable desoldering and resoldering the individual LED, i just need t9 know how to find out what kind of LED it is...white nuetral, warm or cool...and if there are particular ratings I need to stick with....I have tons of LED strips that could act as donors for individual LED replacement, if I can figure out how to determine if the LEDs are a match.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Sharp TV is very sensitive for backlight system and gets locked when it detects backlight error 5 times.

Can you please recheck the power light flashing on TV as it would be one short and one long blink, if so then we can try some thing that might help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

When the harness ia connected, it doesnt bl8nk at all...just tries to turn on, backlight flashes, and then tv shuts off even the standby white "v" shits off

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

What is the reset procedure to unlock it?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Ed, can you recheck TV model number because Lc60e600u is giving me hard time to get related manual.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Sorry bout that, i was going off memory, forgot a letter lol. Lc60Le600u

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I tried hard reset....tried the volume down and input while plugging it in....none of that is working.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for TV model number, let me check its service manual for any other option.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Whilst hold down the Input source and Volume Down buttons on the set, insert the power cord in or turn on the mains supply. After 30 seconds release these buttons.
The set should now start to function.

Does it happen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ooooh, I didnt hit the main power button while holding those 2 down, i thought it would turn on by itself if i held down those 2 and plugged it in. I will try your method as soon as i get home tonight and let you know the results

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, try it and reply back with the result.

Thanks.