Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was away for ten days and came home to a toshiba TV that

Customer Question

I was away for ten days and came home to a toshiba TV that will not come on. Message on screen is " Welcome. Powering up. This may take a few minutes" but after four hours the message is still on the screen. How do I wake it up??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model 20AF45 Date on label is May, 2005
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No menu, just the powering up statement. Another TV in home works fine after the ten days turned off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: powering up statement came on after the ten day off period. Nothing happened before this statement as far as I could tell
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;

Did you have the power cord puled out or main power to the tv turned off during those 10 days ?