Have TV Questions? Ask a TV Technician
Hello, I need some specifics on your Wi Fi here:
1) What is the brand and model of the router?
2) What internet speed do you have (ex: 15 MBPS, 30 MBPS, 100 MBPS, etc.)?
3) How many other devices (and what devices specifically) are connected to your router?
4) Have you ever streamed video using your home network before?
Thanks for the reply. Offhand 50 MBPS is plenty to stream (15 minimum is required). You said you also took back the first TV?
How far do you get in the setup process? Does the Samsung "See" your router, allow you to enter the password, then run a connection test and fail?
Also please elaborate on what causes you to think that you're entering the password *****
Okay thanks. Does your router have a WPS button that you can try so you can bypass the password?
Additionally, can you please unplug the router from power then plug it back in so that it doles out a fresh IP address to the TV and then try to connect using the WPS method?
Okay thanks Jon. Please try a power reset of the router when you get back and let me know what happens.
Don't try to manually change the IP address - when you reboot the router it will give the TV a new address.
Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and run network setup in TV for fresh connection.
Please reply back with the result.
Excellent, glad to know that IP address worked and problem is resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.