Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LG 32 inch TV, 5 years old has lost its sound, and although

Customer Question

LG 32 inch TV, 5 years old has lost its sound, and although it has built in Freeview now says "no signal"! The remote won't work and none of the manual buttons on the right side of the screen will work either - that's volumne, changing channels or swithing it on or off
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: This is the first time, and I swithed it off at the wall overnight but it made no difference.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get into the menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Its actually at my holiday home up in the mountains. As far as I know it worked well up til July. I have just been back and discovered this It was actually hooked up to a Freeview satelite dish. It got picture but no sound. No volumne with either the satelite remote or the LG remote.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have brought the TV back to ChCH and all its says is "No signal" although it has built in Freeview.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

So from the bottom part of your question I guess the set has a pic but no sound, have you rebooted the satellite box?please do that unplug it from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

How has this panned out please?

Anthony